Monday, March 12, 2012

Skydiving

It was totally amazing! We had a really great experience at the Virginia Skydiving Center, and met some really great people. We also had a great group of friends with us... my sister came (but didn't jump), her boyfriend Aaron, one of Tony's brother rats Melissa, and one of the strength training coaches from VMI, Coach Jim Whitten... Aaron and Jim were definitely the most scared! See photo evidence below...

We had a great lesson before from Melissa's friend John, the we headed to the plane...

During the ride up, I just kept trying to relax and enjoy it. I was wearing an altimeter, so I could check our altitude as we steadily climbed to 13,000 ft. When the door opened, we scooted towards it and I had the very unusual experience of hanging my legs out of a plane! Freefall was a little intense... kind of like feeling like your face was getting ripped off... but at 120 mph, that is no surprise! I think it was a bit overstimulating for me... maybe on the 2nd or 3rd jump I could appreciate it a little more!
After the parachute deployed we had a lovely float down to earth. The day was absolutely beautiful. I got to steer the parachute a bit and we did a few spins.
The whole thing was great! I am so glad we did it...

When we will go back?

No comments:

Post a Comment