Monday, February 6, 2012

Ft Benning

We had the most amazing experience at Ft Benning. I will leave the telling of the details to Tony, but I have never had such an amazing trip! We really were treated like VIPs from start to finish and every single person we met was incredible. The whole time I was thinking… “do they not know that I am a nobody? I definitely don’t deserve all this!” I never voiced that though… it would have been like pinching myself in a dream! We could never say thank you enough- from Ben Freakley who got it started, to his father, General Freakley, to Colonel Dougherty, to Sergeant Major Mitchell, to Theresa Oliver in Protocol, down to the private who read the certificates we were given. It was all completely overwhelming. Thank you so much.
At the end of the night Thursday, I thanked Tony for bringing me with him. It was a great trip. But I also told him I would happily give it all back for just a lifetime of nights on the couch and no ALS.

No comments:

Post a Comment