Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Diet

This week, we started a new diet. It is basically an anti-inflammation diet. There is not a lot of research to support this with ALS, but it is worth a shot. We are going to try it for a few months and if he doesn't notice any difference, then try something else.  Tony said Day 1 went well and the veggie curry we had last night was super yummy. When I told him we would eat a lot of Indian food since the diet includes lots of garlic, ginger and turmeric, Tony was easily convinced!

I will freely admit that I hope that this helps to slow down things, but I know it will not be a magic cure. However, it does feel great to be able to do something... part of my frustration with this is that there is nothing we can do... just watch it get worse. And that sucks (not really an appropriate word) more than I can say!

So here's hoping the Indian food works!

No comments:

Post a Comment