Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A moment of pure bliss

This morning was cold and rainy. It is never easy to get out of the house with two little ones, but mornings like this seem even harder. We managed to do it though and headed into town to the day care drop-off. A few minutes before we arrived, I looked in the rear view mirror to check on the girls. What I witnessed was just about the most fulfilling moment of motherhood I could ever imagine! Cora was leaning over smiling at Louise and tickling her. Louise was smiling up at Cora and trying to pull her coat, or hair, or whatever she could get her hands on. It was so wonderful because they were truly enjoying each other and demonstrating how much they already love each other. It was so nice!

I know there will be many mornings ahead when they aren't speaking to each other or are fighting over some minutia of life... but I'll always have this morning's moment to remember. I'm a lucky mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment